To celebrate the 20th Anniversary of HBA Global Expo & Conference, a prestigious panel of leading beauty innovators will kick-off the event on Tuesday, June 19th at 9:00 a.m. in the Special Events Hall of the Javits Center. Entitled “The Future of Beauty,” Jane Larkworthy, Beauty Director or W Magazine will lead Deanna Kangas, President & CEO, Stila Cosmetics; Sonia Kashuk, Make-up artist/ entrepreneur; Jim Markham, Founder and CEO, ColorProof™ Evolved Color Care; and Catherine Walsh, Senior Vice President, Coty Prestige in a lively discussion on the next 20 years of beauty advancements and innovations.
HBA Global Expo & Conference is the leading product development source—from concept to market—for the personal care, fragrance, skin care, and cosmetic industries and will take place June 19-21, 2012 at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York, NY.
“We are beyond thrilled to have our attendees start their HBA experience with unprecedented insight from these industry stars who are constantly creating and innovating new products and brands that are loved by consumers around the world,” said Jill Birkett, Brand Director, HBA Global Beauty & Wellness Events.
The Keynote Panelists are:
- Deanna Kangas, President and Chief Executive Officer of Stila Cosmetics, has more than 20 years of creative marketing and management experience. Prior to Stila, she led several major initiatives, including creating Gloss.com and directing its acquisition by Estee Lauder. As Vice President of Marketing at Gloss.com, Ms. Kangas was instrumental in propelling the site to a leadership position in beauty e-tail marketing. Other career achievements include launching the highly successful Michael Jordan Cologne at XEL Inc., running the Barbie Collector Division at Mattel, and building the $85 million fragrance and home divisions at Bath and Body Works. Ms. Kangas has a long and successful history of building departments and companies through creative marketing with corporations such as Estee Lauder, Chanel, Clarins, E! Entertainment, Women in Film in Hollywood, Vogue, VH1, Yahoo!, and iVillage.
- Make-up artist/ entrepreneur, Sonia Kashuk, is a pioneer responsible for creating the unique category of luxury at mass. She began her career in the early 80’s working with esteemed photographer Arthur Elgort and collaborating on editorial assignments for Vogue, Harper’s Bazaar, Allure, Elle and Glamour to name a few. She had also collaborated with Marc Jacobs, Oscar de la Renta and Betsey Johnson for their runway shows and worked with the Aveda Corporation as creative director of cosmetics. In 1997 she co-authored and published Cindy Crawford’s Basic Face, an instructional beauty workbook. In 1999 the Sonia Kashuk beauty brand was born in partnership with Target stores and she blurred the channel conflict between mass and prestige being the first make-up artist brand in the mass sector- an industry first. In 2003, Ms. Kashuk published her second book, Real Beauty, a heartfelt collaboration with her closest friends including celebrities, industry specialists and beauty editors from top women’s magazines. She is currently Prevention’s beauty columnist, offering monthly tips and product recommendations in “Sonia Says,” and regularly contributes to DailyGlow.com’s beauty coverage.
- Over the course of his highly accomplished career, Jim Markham, Founder and CEO, ColorProof™ Evolved Color Care, has founded four successful hair care companies, each one more successful than the one before – Sebring®, Markham®, ABBA® Pure and Natural, and his most recent endeavor, PureOlogy Serious Colour Care®, the first premium, award-winning line of products exclusively for color-treated hair, which he sold to L’Oreal in 2007. He is continuing his track record with the introduction of ColorProof Evolved Color Care and was born from Markham’s ceaseless passion for creating exceptional products that clearly demonstrate points of superiority and his innate desire to give back to the professional salon industry. Mr. Markham believes strongly in corporate citizenship, supporting philanthropic causes and giving back to the community and most recently, his wife, Cheryl and him, were honored with the City of Hope Spirit of Life® Award, City of Hope’s most prestigious honor, in recognition of their outstanding philanthropic and business achievements.
- Coty Prestige’s Catherine Walsh is the visionary behind the company’s elite designer and celebrity fragrance portfolio and has helped architect Coty Prestige’s evolution as an industry trailblazer for the past decade. She has earned a reputation as a game changer for her foresight in predicting the next big thing in the category, and her fresh and innovative ideas. Her signing of Jennifer Lopez and the blockbuster 2002 launch of Glow by JLo effectively built the celebrity fragrance category. The brand has generated over 2B in sales over the past 10 years and led to a myriad of other celebrity launches under Ms Walsh’s guidance, including successful partnerships with Madonna, Sarah Jessica Parker and Gwen Stefani.
- Ms. Walsh’s achievements extend beyond the fragrance category, and include having led the Lancaster skin and suncare brand, where she introduced its 365 line, which remains the brand’s best-selling product ten years after its launch. She also helped establish a strong platform for the color category within Coty Prestige with the 2012 global launch of ck one color cosmetics.
In addition to the Keynote Presentation, HBA’s Beauty Week™ will feature an educational program that covers every facet of the beauty and personal care market: Brand Management, Consumer Engagement, Distribution, Entrepreneurs, Global Markets, Green/Natural Products, Ingredients, Packaging Design, Product Development, Skin Care, Technical Approaches and Trends.
Complementing the educational agenda is an exhibit floor showcasing a full spectrum of products and services, including: private label, contract manufacturing, prestige and mass packaging components, delivery systems, raw material and ingredient suppliers. New destination areas on the show floor include the Design Hot Spots that zooms in on going outside the norm of traditional design elements by using innovative materials. The Innovation Pavilions will spotlight “trending” product development areas: “ECO & Sustainability” “Anti-Aging Skincare” and “Tubes,” and are one-stop shops for products, education, and networking.
HBA Global is also co-located with Spa & Resort/Medical Aesthetics Expo, taking place June 19-20, giving attendees a complete view of the product development cycle and access to unique skin care line and treatments.
The HBA Keynote Panel is free to all registered attendees.