Luxe Pack New York, the luxury packaging trade exhibition celebrating its 10th edition this year, offers a comprehensive seminar schedule featuring industry leaders and innovators, as well as several special exhibits.
Wednesday, May 16
10:30am “Processes and tools for packaging R&D leaders”
Marc Drucker, Founder and President, NewLogic
Managing the innovation management process is getting a lot simpler. On-the-go packaging professionals appreciate the ability to access their innovation tools globally. Cloud based innovation tools represent a growing trend in innovation software for R&D packaging organizations because cloud computing put’s innovation software quickly and easily into the hands of packaging professionals. Yet any tool must enable best practices for R&D processes, for the tools to be effective. Take-A-Ways: Learn how cloud innovation tools work, and how they benefit packaging R&D organizations. Understand the state of the innovation management marketplace, what tools are available, and what you can and cannot do with them. Uncover how innovation tools are giving R&D packaging teams more tools to manage best practices for R&D operations and their product portfolio.
11:15am “Spring/Summer 2013 Megatrends: Packaging”
Sharon Graubard, SVP Trend Analysis, Stylesight
This presentation will depict four overarching themes for the season and how they will directly impact color, shape, texture, material and delivery systems for luxury packaging. Ms. Graubard will connect influences from current runways, art, fashion history, lifestyle and culture — to inform and inspire packaging and design for the season ahead.
12:30pm “Unleashing the Green Fairy: journey into the provocative world of absinthe and see the luxurious packaging concepts that evolved”.
Peter Clarke, CEO, Product Ventures
Step back in history and imagine yourself a part of the nightlife of the Parisian café society of artists and writers such as Toulouse-Lautrec, Van Gogh and Oscar Wilde. Join Product Ventures CEO and Founder Peter Clarke on his creative journey as he decodes the historical meaning of this misunderstood spirit and translates its rich narrative into compelling packaging concepts.
Immerse yourself in this captivating story and experience the holistic collaboration of graphics and structural package design. Experience the intoxicating story of Absinthe. Explore the possibilities for capturing the intangible essence of a product and see it come to life through iconic package designs. Understand the translation of product attributes into design themes which guide the creation of packaging concepts.
2:00pm “Product, packaging, promotion and passion, the "Four P's"
Marc Rosen, internationally recognized designer/President
- Mark Polson, Vice President, Creativity and Business Innovation Global Management Strategies, The Estée Lauder Companies Inc.
- Raymond Matts, International Fragrance Designer
- Douglas Virtue, President, Virtue Development, among others
Today, Revlon Czar Charles Revson is but a dim memory of the days when the great cosmetics' ouses were run and ruled by their founders. Names like Helena Rubinstein, Estée Lauder and Elizabeth Arden controlled their company's destiny and created beauty business's that still thrive today. Revson taught Rosen about the "Three P's." He felt that the key to a brand's success was the right Product, Package and Promotion (advertising). The fourth "P," the one that he took as a given – Passion. It’s something that seems to be lacking today. With a difficult retail environment, a conservative consumer and a crowded marketplace, these "Four P's" are more essential than ever to instill in the industry. The panel will deal with these four categories of the business and see how we can look back to look forward.
4:00pm “The crossroads of research and packaging design: How the two combine for products with the greatest promise.”
Focusing on examples of sustainable packaging and corporate practices for marketing and operations benefits. Presented by Beauty Packaging and featuring:
- Henry Renella, Senior Vice President, Estée Lauder Global Package Development
- Maria Archambault, AVP – Technical Packaging, L’Orêal USA
- Kelly Kovack, Co-Founder Purpose-Built
Thursday, May 17
10:00am “From the idea to the concept, a trip into imagination”
Rémi Sabouraud, Creativity and Innovation Expert, Goût d'idées
Between two projects, the more creative will make the difference. How does the innovative process work, the idea generation moment? This step is very unique and crucial to find "the killer idea". During this presentation, you will discover a few "ideation" tools, amazingly efficient. These techniques are useful for any issue, they just need this incredible thing we call, imagination.
11:15am “Label designs that sell spirits and wine”
Moderated and created by John Lyons, Package Design with:
- Thomas Gallo, Vice President of Strategic Business Development; G3 Enterprises Inc.
- Norman Kay, CEO, IBC Shell Packaging
- Dave Lunati, Director of Marketing; Monadnock Paper Mills, Inc.
- Ron Wong, President & Executive Creative Director, Spring Design Partners, Inc.
12:30pm The power of Pretty-Luxe in a futurisitc world
Jeanine Recckio, Global Beauty Futurologist, Mirror Mirror Imagination Group
Jeanine takes you thru a fascinating futuristic journey into the Future of Luxury Beauty and Lifestyle product and design …. It’s all about innovative “out-there” ideas, high design details, the emotion of touch and color and more! Taking the power of PRETTY into how we live our lives and the consumable products we use along the way! The importance of longevity (new future trends on anti-aging) … living life long and large … all with the element of Luxury! Everyone will receive a sneak-peek of the Crystal Ball Beauty & Lifestyle Trend Report SUPER LUXE TRENDS 2025. This seminar will also highlight innovative trends in color cosmetics, hair care, oral care, packaging, skincare, luxury spirits, fashion and more.
2:00pm “Neuro-insight and the science behind the most powerful packaging in the world”
Donna Sturgess, Co-Founder, Buyology
One of the leading experts on innovation, packaging and brands in the world explains what drives consumer desire at a deeper level. Donna will discuss some of the latest discoveries in how we can now measure cool, and what science has discovered about truly powerful packaging.
3:30pm “New innovations from exhibitors”
Moderated by Abby Penning, Associate Editor, GCI Magazine
Special exhibits at the event will include:
• Luxe Pack Innovation Forum - This special exhibit will showcase the newest creations and innovations from exhibitors, including sustainable products.
• Material ConneXion Lab - Material ConneXion’s global materials library is renowned for providing access and insight into today’s most innovative, advanced and sustainable materials. Their pop-up Materials Library will enable visitors to explore one of the most important aspects of design innovation materials. It will feature the latest material developments alongside a selection of success stories and packaging examples that will inspire visitors, spark new ideas, transform designs and lead to innovative solutions for luxury product packaging.
• Pratt Institute “Marc Rosen Scholarship and Education Fund for Packaging by Design at Pratt Institute” Designs – As a longtime sponsor of the annual “Art of Packaging Award,” which benefits the scholarship fund, Luxe Pack is pleased to present the recipients’ designs.