Global trends – the latest trends in beauty packaging
This session will explore the latest global trends and how they are dominating the beauty packaging game globally. This will also include the concept of futurology. Questioning the status quo, challenging our preconceptions and dreaming big, futurology is about looking at trends across every spectrum, especially those beyond your category horizon, and seeing how they could impact you.
- Moderator’s overview: Hervé Bouix, Senior VP Packaging Innovation – Estée Lauder
- Delphine Horvath, Global Marketing and Brand Management – Fashion Institute of Technology
- Helga Hertsig-Lavocah, Senior Futurologist - Hint Futurology
- Marielle Belin, Founder - La Marque & la Manière
The vision of packaging by the consumer
Look at the latest packaging strategies and visual directions underlining consumers’ new needs and lifestyles in beauty and grooming. Learn how to anticipate and respond to key consumer-led shifts, manufacturing innovations and material developments that will shape the market. Inspirational design directions and cues for developing more compelling product across skincare, cosmetics, haircare and beyond, will be highlighted.
- Philippe Devismes - Packaging Design Expert and Managing Director - Diadem
Re-inventing the relationship with consumers by imagining new scenarios at the point of sale
The glass of the shop windows disappears, the products become accessible, and retail spaces turn into realms of interactive experience. How to customize and connect a presentation case to allow consumers to get information about the product notice, the ranges contained, or the product’s news.
- Tanguy Chen Laurent – Creative Capital
- Noémie Rognon - Pozzo di Borgo Styling SA
- Xavier Dietlin - Dietlin Artisans
The collaboration of brands and suppliers
Purchasing, R&D, product development and technical packaging teams are constantly collaborating with their suppliers to develop innovative products: co-development, open innovation, open development. This policy enables them to control the traceability of raw materials and packaging components used for finished products, and to ensure secure and steady supply chains, as well as compliance with international labour standards and the respect for human rights.
- Moderator’s overview: Pascale Marciniak-Davoult - Chanel
- Matt Hornby – Foilco
- Antonio Scotti - TAPEMATIC S.p.A.
- Steve Paschky – Saralon
Workshop Presentation - ESEPAC and Ecole Supérieure de Parfum schools
Innovation funding and CSR – how to save money with innovative ideas
If you want to make a company sustainable, you need to review all its facets with an innovative vision through the lens of CSR. These innovations must be sustainable and accountable and integrate all the internal and external spheres of the company. This innovative vision must be integrated into the company's strategy and led by the most senior executive.
- Moderator’s overview: Pierre Meurice – INNOV. Conseil
- Jean-Yves Pelicier – INOVAFI
- Marie Roulleaux Dugage - Institut National de la Propriété Industrielle
Day two - Thursday, February 1
Sustainability and digital – is digital the way forward for being a more sustainable business?
Every day, we send emails, we surf the web, we archive videos, photos or music in the Cloud. We often feel that the whole process is immaterial and almost free, but it is not. Computer, ADSL boxes, routers, cables, servers, storage units, telecommunication equipment: the equipment needed is real. Just like the consumption of energy and non-renewable resources to make and operate them.
- Moderator’s overview: Vincent Gallon - PremiumBeautyNews.comn
- Julien Barreau – Lush
- Maryelle Allemand - Rise Emerging Culture
The challenges of packaging in eCommerce
Does the design of packaging have an impact on business?
In an evolving retail marketplace, companies will need to consider a lifecycle approach to designing product and packaging to meet varying requirements of online and offline retailers, growing customer preferences and a changing regulatory landscape. Both online retailers and producers will need to work together amidst this changing landscape and take a close look at their products, packaging materials, processes, logistics and end of life management to drive material efficiencies and reduced greenhouse gas emissions.
- Moderator’s overview: Michel Fontaine - Conseil National de l’Emballage
- Stéphanie Havard - Procos GmbH
- Jean-Marc Megnin - Shoppermind (Groupe Altavia)
- Carine Guerbet - Neopost Shipping
- Jean-Philippe Homehr - DS Smith
Is design a weapon to make packaging more innovative?
The demands of multi-action products on the market are high and packaging must reflect this multi-functional character clearly and properly. The design of product packaging should be such that the consumer gets the message immediately.
- Moderator’s overview: Olivier de Lataulade – L’Oréal
- Moderator’s overview: Pierre Ducastin – L’Oréal
- Pascale Gauthier – Faculté de Pharmacie de Clermont-Ferrand
- Laurent Hainaut – Force Majeure
- Didier Cosson - Didier Cosson Design