- New Jersey Packaging Executives Club News
- New Jersey Packaging Executives Club Locations
- New Jersey Packaging Executives Club News
- NJPEC Events
If this is your company, CONTACT US to activate Packbase™ software to build your portal.
The New Jersey Packaging Executives Club (NJPEC) announces that more then 80 products, graphics, and promotions representing this year’s outstanding packaging design will be celebrated at the 39th Annual Package of the Year (POY) Awards Gala. Taking place Thursday, November 16th at The Madison Hotel in Morristown, NJ, the NJPEC POY Awards Gala will include the awards presentation, Tricky Tray, live music and all the submitted packaging on display. Advanced registration is encouraged as the event will sell-out. Registration information can be found at www.njpec.com.
The annual NJPEC POY Awards recognizes the year’s best packaging designs and innovations, and this year’s program saw an impressive number of submissions. An elite panel of judges of top packaging executives from a broad spectrum of industries and brands as well as packaging students selected the winners in 9 different categories.
The highest NJPEC POY Award honors for 2017 will be presented to:
- Victoria Beckham Estee Lauder Collection Daylight Edition for Estee Lauder submitted by MW Luxury Packaging for Package of the Year
- Vortex Loose Powder Jar by Jerhel Plastics for Student Choice Award
Category winners for the top Gold award include:
- Color Cosmetics: Limited Edition 4-Colour Eyeshadow Palette for Clarins submitted by HCP Packaging USA, Inc.
- Food & Beverage: Ghirardelli Chocolate Gold Bar Tin for Ghirardelli Chocolate Company submitted by Encore International
- Fragrance: Juicy Sucre for Elizabeth Arden submitted by Verescence North America and Metal Dynamics
- Gift Sets: White Diamonds Holiday Gift & White Diamonds Coffret for Elizabeth Arden/Revlon submitted by Color Optics A Division of Phoenix Color
- Graphics: The Thymes Line Extension for The Thymes submitted by Quadpack Group and TricorBraun
- Health & Beauty: Tata Harper Beautifying Face Oil for Tata Harper submitted by Quadpack Group
- Household Industrial: Basics Line by Casabella for Casabella
- Personal Care: Canale’ Stay Colorful Extender Line for Canale’ Enterprises Inc. submitted by SeaCliff Beauty Packaging and Laboratories
- Promotional: GAF Sales Kit for GAF submitted by NAPCO USA
Silver, Bronze, Marketing Impact, Technical Merit, Visual Impact, Packaging Innovations, Stock Packaging, and Honorable Mentions awards will also be presented and all the POY submissions will be showcased in a massive display in the awards room during the event.
The judges for the 2017 POY included Anthony Garaguso, Johnson & Johnson; Jay Gorga, Beauty Packaging; Tricia Heinz, packaging purchasing consultant; Brian Henry, Revlon; Ali Mokhtari, Church & Dwight; Gina Rokose, packaging consultant; Scott Roman, Estee Lauder; Joanne Vesper, L’Oreal: Remon Zakhary, Bayer and student judges Jeremy Bond, Rutgers; Brendan Dente, NJIT; Michelle Gallic, Rutgers and Joshua Steele, NYC of Technology.
“This year’s competition was fierce; generating diverse praise and discussion from our judges especially with the intricate packaging pieces that were submitted. We look forward to Awards night, when the entire industry comes together to recognize and celebrate this year’s incredible achievements in packaging, design, and engineering,” said Peter Gould, Committee Chair, of the NJPEC POY.
Reservations to attend the 39th Annual NJPEC Package of the Year Awards Gala can be found here: http://www.njpec.com/package-of-the-year-awards-banquet-2017.html. For more information on the POY Awards, please contact: Peter Gould, email@example.com or Karen Hadden-Wolf, firstname.lastname@example.org. To donate to the Tricky Tray, which supports the NJPEC scholarship program contact: Stacey Rimassa, SRimassa@us.loreal.com or Holly Benda, Holly@wwpinc.com. For attendee bag donations contact Maureen Eustice, email@example.com.
About North Jersey Packaging Executives Club (NJPEC)
Founded in 1962, NJPEC is a non-profit organization of packaging professionals from all disciplines in the industry, who share information and hands-on business experience. The culture of NJPEC is comfortable, collaborative and professional; creating an environment of learning, and business networking. Members invest their time, skills and knowledge to strengthen the packaging industry with talent and innovation. Numerous scholarship programs and mentoring opportunities are offered to support those entering the packaging field. The members of NJPEC are shaping the future of packaging. For more information visit: www.njpec.com
- Annie Scully
- Company News
- Created 06 NOV 2017
- Modified 17 JAN 2018
- Hits 1396