The UK’s leading packaging event, Packaging Innovations 2016, returns to Birmingham’s NEC, alongside Label&Print and Empack, with over 70 per cent of its suppliers using the show to launch new products, services and upgrades to the UK market.
Innovation is once again at the heart of the show, for instance:
- Fantastak will be launching its - SuperRoller - an industrial adhesive tape application, which holds 75 metres of double sided tape. It has a cartridge form re-fill, meaning no threading and faster changing.
- Roisbros will be unveiling its new series of boxes for hot and cold food portions, salads and oily products called the Special Delivery series.
- Simply Cartons will be presenting its new press, which offers eight colours, produces spot varnishes with super tight registration and prints directly onto APET.
- Skanem will launch its new intelligent labels, enabling consumers to interact directly with the brand, brand owners and its retailers, using smart phone technology.
- Waddington Europe will debut its new packaging material, Hydrozorb (H-PET), which reduces surface tension, captures condensation and offers improved shelf-life over standard r-PET.
- Dantex Graphics will be launching its new PicoColour II UV inkjet digital press, which is a versatile, small footprint label printing system.
- Addressing & Mailing Solutions will be unveiling AMS Ilumina, its new heavy stock printer, which has the ability to print on stock up to 500gsm.
- AG/CAD Ltd will launch its state of the art DYSS X5 digital cutter, along with the latest K-CUT vision software.
- A-Safe will be displaying its new rack protection solution, iFlex RackGuards.
- Advanced Labeling Systems will be launching its third generation R-Series Rotary Labeller.
- Easypack, will be launching its Spiral Pro dispenser, which delivers high volumes of 100 per cent recycled void fill paper packaging in seconds.
- eloProtect will be presenting its new range of magnetically actuated safety switches - eloProtectM and eloProtectE RFID - which have been designed to deliver an increased performance and a greater safety.
- KBW will present two new machines: Its Liquid Filling Machine, the AF 0020Auto and its new Labelling Machine, GER 50.
- Sauven will be exhibiting its new Sauven 600 Printer with Touch Screen.
- Hamilton Adhesive Labels will be launching its latest MPS EF Series UV Flexo Multi Colour Printing Press.
- CS Labels will be presenting its new stand-up pouches, printed digitally using Xeikon technology, making it the only company in the world that can perform this action successfully at the moment.
- Linpac and Graphic Packaging International (GPI) will display its new patisserie packs, as part of its recent collaboration. GPI created the carton board trays and bases; Linpac developed the series of compatible rPET lids.
In addition to launches and the unveiling of new products, visitors to the show will be able to see an array of show firsts, exclusive offers and relevant technologies more specific to their organisational needs.
- Kite Packaging is taking the largest stand ever seen by Easyfairs, plus presenting its range of new products to the UK market.
- Beardow Adams will be showcasing its BAMFutura 50’s range, the most technologically advanced adhesive in packaging, offering the broadest spectrum of hot and cold temperature resistance.
- Returning exhibitor, Glossop Cartons, has doubled the size of its stand for 2016 to present its new personalisation service, which gives more control to the customer.
- Evolve Pack will be displaying its contract packing machinery, including its automated cartoning machine, a multi bagger and its upgraded flow wrapping machine.
- Digital printing specialist i-Sub Digital will be exhibiting its end-to-end packaging prototype workflow, with innovative Mimaki printing equipment.
- AM LABELS will be discussing its recent developments in new printing and software solutions, including standalone printing solutions, 3G printing, plus chemical & allergen solutions.
- EyeC will showcase the newly integrated live text checking capability of its Proofiler Graphic system, meaning that graphic objects and text can be checked without producing hundreds of deviations.
- HERMA UK will be introducing its HERMA Basic label applicator to its existing range, as a lower cost entry point.
In addition to a packed exhibition, this year’s show also sees innovative and educational features including:
The Innovation Showcase
The Rising Star Scheme
The Great Innovation Debate
The BIG Print Debate
The Drinks Symposium
The Retail Symposium
The Pharmaceutical Symposium
The Flexo Debate
CDP accredited Learnshops Seminar Programme
The Packaging consultancy clinic