Packaging Innovations, Empack and Label&Print 2019 returns to Birmingham’s NEC later this month with its most innovative show to date. The show, which also includes Contract Pack, Ecopack and Industrial Pack, will showcase more product launches and innovation from across the industry than ever before as it welcomes over 300 suppliers.
As always, Innovation is the headline feature of the show, with many exhibitors choosing it as the perfect platform to launch new products and services to the UK market.
- Renz UK will launch its new Argos Solutions F400 Cold UV Coating Machine which provides a cost-effective and eco-alternative to traditional plastic laminating
- Astro Nova will present the first digital toner-based five-colour CMYKW label printer with 1200 dpi resolution, which also has the ability to print in white
- Konica Minolta will debut the AccurioLabel 1900 full-digital toner press for the first time in the UK, with live production taking place on-stand
- Durst will exhibit its new Tau 330 RSC E UV inkjet single-pass press which aims to bring affordable digital production to converters
- i2r will debut the i2r Ultra™, its new aluminium container featuring unique embossing to increase stress resistance, thereby reducing gauge, price and environmental impact
- Graphtec will introduce its LCX1000 label printing and finishing system which combines its DLP1000 high-speed digital printer and the DLC1000 digital finishing machine
- KBW Packaging will debut its Semi-Automatic Servo and HMI Colour Touchscreen controlled liquid filling machine, designed to accurately fill containers with liquids and creams
- Vivid will launch two new products, the Matrix Metallic modular system, designed to apply digital foiling, and the Easycut flatbed CNC cutter which provides an integrated solution for rigid packaging media and sheet feed materials
- Tinware Direct will showcase its new product offerings, including the Rose Gold Welded Side Seam Tin and Silver Rectangular Stacking Tins with Slip Lid
- Seaman Paper will launch its new Satin Pack, a lightweight tissue that can be run through an automated void fill machine, providing a quick and easy solution for box filling
- Firstan Quality Packaging will debut its new varnishes designed to create new effects and innovative designs
- Artoria Limoges will present its specialist line-up of porcelain containers for use within the spirits, perfume and cosmetics sectors
- Aegg will launch its new range of glass packaging jars and bottles, ranging from 210ml to 1700ml
For visitors looking for more sustainable packaging solutions, the show floor will also welcome an array of eco-friendly product launches.
- Macpac will present its revolutionary new material, Breakdown PET, a fully recyclable and biodegradable plastic designed to address issues raised in BBC’s Blue Planet
- Charpak will launch its rPET thermoformed 100% recyclable plastic tub, the first of its kind in the UK, featuring a unique, integrated twist and lock tamper-evident-mechanism: Twist-Loc
- Ampacet will present REC-NIR-BLACK masterbatch solutions, designed to be scanned by near-infrared technology for automated sorting at recovery facilities to support the circular economy
- Foxpak Flexibles will launch its new Generation Green range of environmentally friendly flexible packaging solutions including compostable, recyclable and paper-based products
- Weston Boxes will showcase its new recyclable and reusable PostProof range which is impact resistant to protect the contents whilst in transit
- A. Hatzopoulos S.A. will exhibit its new series of green packaging solutions, along with new varnishes that create a haptic effect on flexible packaging
- Bag Factory will showcase its new ECOCENTBAG reusable and 100% recyclable carrier bags that can withstand 15kg and match production costs of single-use plastic bags
- Kaplan Plastik will launch its new compostable bags including vest carrier, patch handle, die cut handle and market bags
- Graficas Salaet will present its new recyclable, compostable and repulpable RECO Baking Tray
In addition to the wide range of product launches at the show, visitors will also find an array of the industry’s most cutting-edge technologies and solutions.
- Ranpak will showcase its WrapPak Protector solution that provides the cold food chain market with a sustainable way of transporting food to customers
- UEI Falcontec will display its NW SpeedChase, a magnetic changeover system for the narrow web industry which enables an efficient and simple job set-up and changeover process
- HSM will present its V-Press 818 Plus Pro baler machine which is capable of compressing waste materials such as plastic film and cardboard
- Siltech Limited will display its range of speciality inks that change colour when exposed to a source of energy such as heat, UV, steam, gamma radiation or infra-red
- Schur Systems will showcase its Schur®Star Concept solution which offers an efficient packing process, safe product processing and bag construction for all product segments
- Emerson will present the Rosemount CT4215 packaging leak detection system which tests seal integrity for the food and drink industry
- Southgate Packaging will present a selection of innovations including the Pacplan® Technik™ pack station system and the heat sealing Hacona E-Type series
- Lumson will display its extended offering of standard and custom lipsticks, available in different materials, finishes and shapes
- Printela will showcase its enhanced labels and flexible packaging that can now be produced faster and more economically
- Strata will present its anti-fatigue floor matting and safety products, including the Bubble Matt Bespoke, which reduces worker fatigue and increases productivity in packing areas
James Drake-Brockman, Divisional Director of Easyfairs’ Packaging Portfolio, comments: “Innovation remains at the heart of the show so it’s fantastic to see so many of our suppliers choosing to launch their latest product developments live on the show floor. I can’t wait for the doors to open and to see all these innovations first-hand.”
For further information, visit www.easyfairs.com/PIUK, www.easyfairs.com/EmpackUK and www.easyfairs.com/Label&PrintUK or via the show team on +44 (0)20 8843 8800 or PackagingUK@easyfairs.com.
Or register to visit Packaging Innovations Birmingham 2019.