Global exhibition organiser Easyfairs has announced its acquisition of a majority stake in high-end Italian packaging exhibition Packaging Première, which takes place on 26-28 May 2020 in Milan, home to the headquarters of many of the world’s leading luxury brands. Packaging Première is a ‘selective’ exhibition dedicated to designers, luxury packaging manufacturers and international brands.
- Easyfairs Europe Events
- Easyfairs European Jobs
- Packaging Innovations & Empack Europe Locations
- Packaging Innovations & Empack Europe News
If this is your company, CONTACT US to activate Packbase™ software to build your portal.
European network of events will deliver agenda-setting content, fresh connections and an exciting experience for packaging and intralogistics communities in nine countries
Easyfairs, the multi-format event organiser and venue manager, is consolidating its packaging events under the Empack brand. In parallel with this development, Easyfairs is also launching a new co-located event, Logistics & Automation, to build on the growing integration between packaging and intralogistics processes. Together, these events will offer national and European packaging and logistics communities an enhanced vision of the technology and innovations that will shape the future of their businesses.
By integrating all packaging-related events across Continental Europe, co-located with the new Logistics & Automation event, Easyfairs will leverage the network at a higher level with various cross-border initiatives. For example, it will be able to draw on international speakers and thought leaders. This will provide scope to present content that cannot be found online and elsewhere to packaging communities.
“With Empack, Easyfairs brings the latest developments in packaging technologies to the heart of the market on a regular event cycle. This gives visitors the convenience of an event in their country or region, where they are able to learn from multinational exhibitors and speakers,” commented Paul MacDonald, Global Brand Director, Empack.
Easyfairs UK will continue to organise Packaging Innovations, which is focused on packaging design and materials.
Logistics & Automation
Logistics & Automation replaces the former Logistics & Distribution brand to present an event entirely focused on intralogistics, with the objective of making intralogistics smarter, faster and more efficient.
“The new event will reflect the automation of various physical and management processes, driven by a variety of developments,” said Arnaud Istas, Group Head of Product Development, Easyfairs.
These developments include:
• Product customisation and shorter product lifecycles, which are causing an explosion of stock keeping unit (SKU) numbers and diversity, together with renewed production patterns, giving logistics service providers the opportunity to provide value-added services;
• The scarcity of skilled workers and the need for speed and reliability, which is driving even greater and more deeply embedded automation and robotics in logistic operations;
• The advance of machine learning and AI, which makes automated systems more intelligent than ever, capable of handling situations of increased complexity, often faster and with fewer errors, thereby improving the cost-efficiency of logistic operations, a key competitive advantage; and
• Changes in consumption patterns, pushing traditional “remote” warehouses to redesign their storage, handling and fulfilment operations and to consider relocation. This presents great opportunities for logistics real estate developers and intralogistics architecture.
“Logistics & Automation will reflect these developments. The events will serve as a unique meeting place gathering both end users, system engineers/integrators and ICT professionals,” said Istas. Empack and Logistics & Automation events will take place annually or biennially in Spain, Portugal, Belgium, the Netherlands, Switzerland, Germany, Sweden, Finland and the UK. The new features will be rolled out to the market over the coming two editions of each event by the local teams.
Easyfairs wins Enterprise of the year Award 2018
Easyfairs, the Brussels-based event organiser and venue manager, has been named Belgium’s “Enterprise of the year®” for 2018. Since 1996, this has been the most prestigious award “reserved exclusively for the absolute elite” of Belgian companies. An independent jury of specialists crowned Easyfairs with the award, based on the criteria of strategic focus, innovation, openness to the world, exemplary management, strong governance and financial performance. The award is sponsored by Ernst & Young in association with Belgium’s leading business newspaper, L’Echo, and BNP Paribas Fortis.
As part of its rapidly growing international team, Easyfairs is delighted to announce the appointment of Josh Brooks, previously Publisher of Packaging News and Electronics Weekly, as Business Development Director - Packaging. From Brooks’ extensive experience in editorial and publishing, he brings to the company a wealth of expertise in understanding markets, forging connections with key industry figures and personalities, and content.
- Jo Webb
- Company News
- Created 28 Nov 2019
- Modified 28 Nov 2019
- Hits 224