Beauty and skincare brands are experiencing a wave of environmental awareness as consumers are demanding greener packaging options. With an abundance of uncoordinated information about sustainable packaging available, companies need more supportive data to accelerate decision processes. SR Packaging is here to help. Its PCR Packaging Sample Box is offered to give a closer look at post-consumer recycled material for packaging applications.
For years, SR Packaging has provided PCR packaging to many companies around the world. Its bottles, tubes, jars, and airless packs are all made of PCR plastic. SRP has actual production information for its manufacturing of PCR packaging and has prepared a product sample box with different percentages of PCR content for review.
The PCR Packaging Sample Box contains:
- PP Cap (PCR content range of 0%, 25%, 30%, 50%, 100%)
- White PE Tube (PCR content range of 0%, 25%, 30%, 50%, 100%)
- Transparent PE Tube (PCR content range of 0%, 25%, 30%, 50%, 100%)
- Clear PET Bottle (PCR content range of 0%, 10%, 20%, 30%, 40%, 50%, 60%, 70%, 80%, 90%, 100%)
The PCR Packaging Sample Box is prepared for companies that are ready to support the Earth with sustainable business decisions. Please fill out this form to request a PCR Packaging Sample Box, or copy this link to complete the form: https://forms.gle/j6gy4R7UgLM1vdeL8
What are the differences between packaging made of PCR and virgin plastic?
- PCR plastic is odorless, the same as virgin plastic.
- PCR plastic is slightly yellowish compared to virgin plastic.
Stability and Compatibility:
- Whether it’s made of virgin plastic or PCR plastic, compatibility and stability tests are required to make sure products are compatible and stable with the selected packaging components.
- For PCR bottles, the flexibility issue occurs during the molding process due to the less flexible quality. Hence the molding production setting figure is slightly different from those made of virgin plastic. SR Packaging documents each production statistics and makes sure quality consistency. For tubes, it’s obvious to observe that PCR tubes lose flexibility compared to those made of virgin plastic.
- The recycling process and associated management of the facility for waste plastic have been audited and meet the required standards for certification under the EuCertPlast Scheme for European Plastic Recyclers.
- The PCR resin is audited and certified, compliance with the provisions of European RoHS - Total recycled plastics content. Packaging made of PCR resin is qualified to apply for Blue Angel Eco-labelled products and services.
Start to make a difference
The use of Post Consumer Recycled plastic has a great significance for the environment, as the plastic has been recycled into a resin so that it can be reused. The carbon emissions generated by the production process are reduced by approximately 60% so that the environmental and ecological impact is greatly reduced.
At the cutting edge of both packaging technology and beauty packaging trends, SR Packaging can customize the amount of PCR material in its packaging according to brand requirements.