Trivium Packaging, a leading provider of infinitely recyclable metal packaging solutions, today releases its inaugural sustainability report that highlights the extensive sustainability activities implemented across its global operations, reinforces its unwavering commitment to tackling climate change by putting sustainability as a core element of all products and operations, and unveils its long-term sustainability strategy—an action plan for creating an innovative, value-creating ecosystem for all stakeholders.
Michael Mapes, CEO of Trivium Packaging shares:
“Trivium’s leadership and board members’ commitment and support to sustainability are carried through our organization, across each function. Sustainability is key in all areas of our organization”.
“We only have one planet. If we don’t do something now, we risk jeopardizing the quality of life of future generations. At Trivium, we have a unique opportunity to make a difference in the world through our packaging solutions. Everyone at Trivium feels that we have an obligation to take a leading role in sustainability and to do our part in making the world a better place by offering the most sustainable packaging solutions we can”.
The comprehensive sustainability report describes in detail Trivium’s key sustainability challenges and opportunities provides a complete outline of the management approaches, systems, and policies during the 2020 calendar year, and introduces Circularity Champion, a three-pillar sustainability strategy that has Trivium playing a critical role in the metal packaging industry through its substantial contribution to a circular economy.
Jenny Wassenaar, VP Sustainability Trivium Packaging says:
“The release of our first-ever sustainability report is a major milestone for our organization, marking our official commitment to sustainability not only within Trivium but to all stakeholders. Through this report, we declare our ambition to be a force for good. That’s why it was critical that we look at sustainability holistically and outline clear targets and specified timeframes to achieve our goals in an effort to become the metal packaging industry’s partner of choice for quality sustainable packaging”.
Trivium’s Circularity Champion strategy highlights include:
Trivium’s dedication to connecting, communicating, and collaborating with its customers and end consumers to raise awareness of the benefits of metal packaging.
- In 2020, Trivium engaged in partnerships with Metal Packaging Europe to communicate the Metal Recycles Forever logo, as well as multi-stakeholder collaborations with the likes of Tata Steel and chef Joris Bijdendijk, to promote the sustainability credentials of metal cans. Trivium also released its open-access white paper on holistic life cycle assessments, its 2020 Global Buying Green Report, and is sponsoring Peace One Day, Climate Action Live Global Digital Experience
- Looking to the future, Trivium is committed to enhancing customer satisfaction on sustainability dimensions, releasing at least two open-access thought leadership knowledge documents on sustainability per year, making product safety compliance information readily accessible for customers by 2024, and leading at least one circularity project per year with industry stakeholders
Commitment to the Planet:
Trivium’s determination to do its part in protecting the planet, through environmental footprint reduction, sustainable innovation, and responsible purchasing.
- In April 2021, Trivium embraced the most ambitious aim of the Paris Climate Agreement by committing to the Science-Based Targets initiative (SBTi). As part of this commitment, Trivium will establish a clear pathway to an emissions reduction target that is in line with what the latest climate science deems necessary to limit global warming to 1.5 degrees Celsius
- Targets to achieve its aggressive sustainability goals by 2030 include a commitment to 30% reduction of its CO2 footprint (vs 2020 levels), 10% reduction of its water consumption (vs 2020 levels), zero landfill waste, 80% of all new product developments to meet at least two eco-design criteria, and 70% of total purchase spend allocated to suppliers with higher than average ESG scores
A Focus on People:
Trivium’s focus on creating a safe, diverse, empowered, and sustainability-conscious workforce, and a commitment to empower its employees and local communities to make positive social and environmental impacts
- Some of the achievements made and initiatives Trivium engaged in over the past year include launching ‘Trivium Stars’, a global employee recognition program; achieving an 8% increase in the annual Organizational Health Index (employee satisfaction) score, hiring a Global Talent Director to focus on Talent Development and Inclusion and Diversity (I&D) strategy; and achieving a top score for water (A-) and climate change (A-) by CDP (Carbon Disclosure Project), an internationally recognized ranking organization that assesses companies’ plans and processes for carbon footprint and water reduction
- Looking ahead, Trivium aims by 2025 to achieve a top quartile Organizational Health Index score; fully implement its Inclusion & Diversity Program across the organization, attain a Total Recordable Accident Rate (TRAR) target of 0.85, provide yearly sustainability reporting, and participate in external sustainability ratings, and implement at least one local community engagement project per plant per year
To view the full report, visit Trivium Packaging.
Trivium Packaging Takes Home Three Pac Global Awards
For a third year in a row, Trivium has won the Best-in-class Pac Global Award thanks to the development of Trivium’s lightweight aluminum. Trivium was also recognized in the Package Innovation, Sustainable Design category for its work on cologne refill packaging
Trivium Packaging Celebrates Manufacturing Day By Educating Next-Gen Students & Engaging Local U.S. Communities
The global leader in sustainable metal packaging solutions, Trivium, with 60 locations worldwide, is announcing its Manufacturing Day (MFG Day) program. Festivities will kick off on October 4, 2022, with events running throughout October in Bloomsburg, PA, Conklin, NY, Roanoke, VA, Weirton, WV, and Youngstown, OH
Trivium Brazil wins International Packaging Award with Rexona for Innovative Aerosol Can Design
Trivium Brazil-produced aluminum aerosol bottle for Rexona wins AEROBAL’s “World Aluminum Aerosol Can Award 2022” in the “Can Already on the Market” Category. In addition to its intricate technical design features, the aluminum can is lightweight, contributing to reduced consumption of aluminum with sustainable impacts on the overall supply chain.
Trivium Packaging's sustainability report outlines impact and unveils value creation model
Trivium Packaging has released its Sustainability Report 2021 and reinforces its unwavering commitment to do its part in tackling climate change by integrating sustainability as a core element of all products and operations.
Trivium Packaging Announces Global Design Contest Winners, Showcasing the Aesthetic Possibilities of Metal Packaging
The first-place designs, from Caitlin Wagg, a graphic design student from Australia, Ines De Cueto Escobar, a design student from Spain, and Sebastian Ricardo, a designer from Argentina, bring Trivium’s infinitely recyclable metal packaging to life in several types of product design categories: beverage, pet food, and sanitizer containers
Trailblazing Change: Trivium Packaging Earns Placement On Supplier Engagement Leaderboard By CDP
The CDP’s 2021 Supply Chain Report released today places global metal packaging leader, Trivium Packaging, on the 2021 CDP Supplier Engagement Leaderboard, among the top 8% of companies taking action to make suppliers and partners more sustainable.
Trivium Invests $40m in US and Brazil Facilities to Expand Production of Aluminum Aerosol Cans and Beverage Bottles
As demand for sustainable metal packaging in the aerosol and beverage market experiences rapid growth, global metal packaging leader Trivium Packaging announces its investment in new assets at two of its manufacturing plants to substantially expand the production of aluminum impact extruded cans and bottles.
First-Of-Its-Kind Aluminum Bubble Refill Bottle By Trivium Packaging Wins Best In Class, Pac Global Award For Packaging Innovation And Technical Design
In a category that has seen little innovation in generations, the Bubble Tree Bubble System is the first refillable and sustainable bubble bottle to be manufactured and sold in the USA.
Trivium Packaging Wins Grandes Cases de Embalagem Competition for O.U.i Eau de Parfum refills
The 2021 Grandes Cases de Embalagem Competition winners have just been announced, recognizing and valuing the pursuit of excellence in Brazilian packaging. Trivium Packaging, the $2.7B global metal packaging supplier, is honored to share that it has won this award with O.U.i for its Eau de Parfum refills.
Trivium Packaging Receives A- Ratings from CDP for Industry Leading Climate Work
Trivium Packaging, a global provider of sustainable metal packaging, announces that its work to combat climate change and disclose implementation of sustainability practices has yielded the company the high rating of an A- from the CDP, a non-profit organization looked at by the world economy as the gold standard of environmental reporting.
Trivium wins Three Major International Packaging Awards for innovative design and sustainability
Trivium Packaging cements its place as a global leader in sustainable and infinitely recyclable packaging with three major internationally recognized packaging awards- from Hallbars, the Pentawards, and AEROBAL.
Trivium Packaging Celebrates Manufacturing Day with Employee Activities to Engage Younger Generation
Five Trivium U.S. locations will participate in “The Foundation For Generations: Yesterday · Today · Tomorrow,” a month of programming to engage and educate people of all ages on the importance of manufacturing in our lives.
Protect, Promote, Preserve: Trivium Packaging’s Whitepaper Presents Metal Cans as the Optimal Packaging Choice
In a recently released whitepaper, Trivium Packaging, sheds new light on the modern advancements in the canning of food products. The report findings show that metal cans help to lock in food’s nutritional value while simultaneously reducing food waste.
Trivium Packaging delivers a uniquely sustainable solution for a distinctive brand
UPTIME Energy, Inc. is a different kind of energy drink and wanted a sleek, modern look in sustainable, plastic-free packaging to reflect that difference and stand out in the market. Trivium Packaging is happy to have delivered!
Trivium Packaging signs United Nations Global Compact Initiative to support sustainable development goals
Trivium Packaging has committed to the United Nations Global Compact Initiative, the largest corporate responsibility initiative in the world for the development, implementation, and disclosure of responsible corporate policies and practices. By signing onto the initiative, Trivium Packaging is formally aligning its corporate value system with the Ten Principles of the UNGC and its four key themes on human rights, labor, environment, and anti-corruption.
Metal’s high sustainability featured in Trivium’s LIVE 3D Booth
Trivium’s LIVE 3D booth displays the wide range of metal packaging’s capabilities. Metal is infinitely recyclable and the most widely recycled material worldwide. Now visitors from around the globe can view Trivium’s packaging solutions up close and personal from the comfort of their own chair. Sustainability has never looked so good.
New data reveals younger generations lead momentum for sustainable packaging, despite pandemic disruption
Trivium Packaging has released its 2021 Global Buying Green Report in partnership with Boston Consulting Group, surveying more than 15,000 participants across Europe, North America, and South America on their behaviors related to sustainable packaging, including willingness to pay more for eco-friendly packaging, and perceptions of different packaging materials.
- Bianka Cramblit
- Company News
- Created 21 Jun 2021
- Modified 21 Jun 2021
- Hits 1337