Gerresheimer is a leading global partner to the pharma and healthcare industries. With our specialty glass and plastic products, we contribute to health and well-being.
We have worldwide operations and about 10,000 employees manufacture our products in local markets, close to our customers. With our plants in Europe, North America, South America and Asia, we generate revenues of approximately EUR 1.4 billion. The comprehensive product portfolio includes pharmaceutical packaging and products for the safe, simple administration of medicines: Insulin pens, inhalers, prefillable syringes, injection vials, ampoules, bottles and containers for liquid and solid medicines with closure and safety systems as well as packaging for the cosmetics industry.
The origins of our Group go back to the glass factory founded by Ferdinand Heye in 1864 in the Gerresheim suburb of Düsseldorf. Only over the last two decades did we develop into the highly-specialised supplier, primarily to the pharma and healthcare industry, which we are today with the help of targeted acquisitions and intensive development and refinement of know-how and technologies.
- understanding our customers and providing them with solutions to both their present and future needs
- living our commitment to excellent quality and continuous innovation
- leveraging our competence and technological leadership by acting as one global team
- becoming a preferred employer with highly motivated and passionate employees all over the world
and in doing so
- expanding our global reach and creating profitable and sustainable growth
Our international business is split into two divisions, to which our individual Group companies are allocated:
Plastics & Devices
The product portfolio of the Plastics & Devices Division includes complex, customer-specific products for the simple and safe administration of medicines, such as insulin pens, inhalers and prefillable syringes. Also included are diagnostics and medical technology products such as lancets and test systems, as well as pharmaceutical plastic containers for liquid and solid medicines with closure and safety systems. For the North American prescription retail market a complete line of regulatory compliant prescription containers for medication dispensing is available.
Primary Packaging Glass
The Primary Packaging Glass Division produces glass primary packaging for medicines and cosmetics, such as pharma jars, ampoules, injection vials, cartridges, perfume flacons and cream jars
- Pharmaceutical Primary Packaging: Glass and Plastic
- Drug Delivery Devices, Medical and Diagnostic Products
- Cosmetics and Fragrances
- Food & Beverage
- Life Science Research
- Development of innovative products and processes
- Quality systems, specifications and objectives
- Engineering and development competencies
- Worldwide standards and production networks