- SR Packaging News
- 3D Catalog
- Concept Studio3D
- SR Packaging Catalog
- SR Packaging Concept Design
- SR Packaging events & Blogs
- SR Packaging Gallery
- SR Packaging Locations
- SR Packaging News
- SR Packaging pdf brochure
- SR Packaging Stock
- SR Packaging Videos
In Taiwan, waste recycling is an integral part of the daily routine. This is mostly due to the successful advocacy of government policy which ensures that glass & plastic bottles, metal cans, paper board, and household appliances are all recycled for reuse. In two decades Taiwan's recycling rate has increased from 5.87% in 1989 to a significant 52.51% in 2017.
Within the recycling process, SR Packaging occupies a role of optimizing post-consumer recycled resin for plastic packaging production, re-using plastic for beauty products and personal care items.
What processes does PCR go through before it is reused by SR Packaging?
- Collecting: Waste is gathered separately, identified as paper, metal, glass, plastics, and others.
- Manual Sorting: Plastics are manually sorted by identifying PET water bottles, PET juice bottles, PE milk bottles, and PE yogurt bottles.
- Shredding: The plastic is shredded into flakes.
- Density sorting: Plastic flakes enter a water stream to exclude other objects through density differentiation.
- Washing: The plastic flakes are washed ready for granulation.
- Granulating: The washed plastic flakes are melted, extruded and granulated to form PCR resin.
What quality assurance steps are taken prior to molding production by SR Packaging?
Once the PCR resin pallets are made, a number of quality assurance steps are required before SR Packaging can commence molding production.
- Universal testing machine is used to test the tensile strength and compressive strength of the PCR samples.
- Pendulum Impact Tester measures the impact resistance of the PCR samples in various standard test configurations.
- Spectrophotometer monitors the color of the PCR samples to ensure the molding components are within the required standards.
- Moisture Analyzer is used to control the moisture content of PCR plastic pellets as the right moisture content ensures trouble-free compounding and injection molding, for smooth surfaces and ideal mechanical properties.
- Precision Milligram Scale is used for measuring the density of plastic pellets to ensure both the degree of material purity and the overall quality.
- XRF Analyzer (X-ray fluorescence) determines the chemistry of the PCR samples, in order to meet RoHS heavy metal compliance.
- Melt Flow Indexer is used to measure the rate of extrusion of molten resins through a die of specified length and diameter under prescribed conditions of temperature, load and piston position in the cylinder for measuring the flow rates of polymer in producing process.
The recycling process and associated management of the facility for the waste plastic have been audited and meet the required standards for certification under the EuCertPlast Scheme for European Plastic Recyclers.
The PCR resin utilized by SR Packaging is audited and certified in compliance with the provisions of European RoHS - Total recycled plastics content. Furthermore, packaging made from PCR resin is qualified to apply for Blue Angel Eco-labelled products and services.
For further information about SR Packaging's role in the PCR recycling chain:
How is packaging waste transformed into new packaging? (Video)
Beauty brands can customize the PCR in their packaging with SRP
An added soft-touch for SRP's Squeezable PCR PE Bottle
SR Packaging's Sample Box for review and evaluation purposes
ALPINE: The ECO Airless Bottle with an elegant tall figure
ALPINE, the 72 ml ECO Airless Bottle is the tallest figure amongst its siblings. Embracing the benefits of a bag-in-bottle airless system, it stands towering for an elegant and sophisticated product presentation, a perfect fit for green and natural skincare solution.
Airless Shuttle is the PCR refillable packaging for a personalized beauty experience
Airless Shuttle has three recyclable airless cartridges fixated within a reusable dispensing system. This innovation by SR Packaging provides consumers with personalized user experience for the freshly made products. Even better, when products run out, the cartridge is refillable.
ECO Airless Bottle stylized with diamond cuts
DIAMOND, the 50 ml ECO AIRLESS BOTTLE, reference APA-050, is stylized with diamond cuts. The striking look of the bottle adds characters to a product and leaves ample space for branding designs. It is highly praised by skincare brands as it satisfies the latest trends of natural claims and green actions for vast beauty needs.
The 30 ml Eco Airless Bottle, MARU, stands with natural and green brands
The 30 ml Eco Airless Bottle, MARU, has an ordinary look that blends in with many existing product lines with no intrusion. Yet, saving 70% of plastic during packaging production, MARU makes a big difference for those companies seeking green options.
SR Packaging's effective response to COVID19
For many businesses around the globe, the COVID19 pandemic has caused havoc and chaos. For SR Packaging, the virus has highlighted the company's ability to adapt quickly with responsive management to the daily-changing situation and proactively respond to customer needs.
Burly, the new 160 ml PCR Airless Bottle helps sustainable brands to satisfy home supplies
The new PCR Airless Bottle, Burly, is built for delicate skin care products, especially for baby care and organic personal care formulae. With 160 ml capacity, it satisfies daily usage of average home supplies and supports retailer brands’ sustainable identity.
PCR Airless Bottle is the most time-saving and affordable solution
Without changing the authentication of the packaging, simply by replacing the syringe-type inner bottle of a traditional airless packaging with SRP's latest PCR airless bottle, Brands can claim up to 70% use of Post Consumer Recycled material. SRP carries a wide range of stock bottles in different sizes. No tooling is needed. SRP provides samples in 1 week, and production delivery lead-time in 6 weeks.
Look forward to a new year, SRP’s 2020 packaging plan
The team in SR Packaging has fulfilled its 2019 green packaging development and is now heading towards 2020 to continue its sustainable action. Its launch of the world’s first airless pack made of post-consumer recycled resin has stormed the industry and gained attention. Moving forward, the team plans to launch more solutions made of locally recycled plastic.
The Exclusive Packaging Presentation of POLYLAMI for the regional beauty event: Cosme Tech Tokyo 2020
During the 3-day event of Cosme Tech Tokyo, on 21st Jan at 11 am, Mr. Kevin Han, the sales representative of SR Packaging Japan, will give an exclusive 30-minute packaging presentation focusing on POLYLAMI.
AMARI, the streamline, refillable PCR Airless Bottle for gender-neutral skincare solutions
The updated version of PCR Airless Bottle, AMARI, is one of a kind, minimalist packaging design. It is built for gender-neutral skincare solutions as the beauty trend had slowly shifted beyond gender differentiation. More and more companies are providing personal care solutions both for men and women based on specific skin conditions. As of today for many, improving self-esteem by using beauty products is no longer a privilege but a daily routine.
Super Fine Mist Sprayer triggers better user experience
For the beauty and home care markets, the mist sprayer is a proven essential accessory for its provision of easy, light and even product application. By improving upon the design of the mist sprayer's components, SR Packaging has achieved a significant enhancement, resulting in the introduction of its new larger spray angle mist sprayer that continuously generates a super fine mist, meeting the demands of beauty and home care brands.
An added soft-touch for SRP's Squeezable PCR PE Bottle
Soft-touch is a well-known surface spray coating treatment that can be added to plastic components. In order to offer a cost- and production time-effective solution for a soft touch effect, SR Packaging has optimized the co-extrusion blow molding process, to add a thin soft-touch plastic layer on the surface of PE bottles to create its new squeezable PE bottle that benefits from a sensorial tactile feel.
- Sophie Tu
- Company News
- Created 03 Dec 2019
- Modified 03 Dec 2019
- Hits 998